How to Register Your PV System in Sunny Portal and Activate SMA Smart Connected

Registration in the Sunny Portal and activation of SMA Smart Connected

Everyone who operates a PV system with SMA inverters should register their system in Sunny Portal.

Additionally, customers who have an inverter with the SMA Smart Connected convenience package, such as Sunny Boy 3.0 – 5.0, have to activate the SMA Smart Connected in Sunny Portal as part of the package. Once activated, PV system operators can start reaping the benefits of the convenience package.

This video shows how to register and activate a PV system in Sunny Portal.

For more tech tip videos, for example on installing a Sunny Boy 3.0 – 5.0, visit our YouTube channel.

How to Register Your PV System in Sunny Portal and Activate SMA Smart Connected
Rate this post

Tags:
  1. Bholenath says:

I want to purchase a solar hybrid inverter system 3kva for my home use at Lucknow india please advise me availability and price quote in india.

• Christian Höhle
      Christian Höhle says:

Dear Bohlenath,

for your home application, a Sunny Island system is suitable. You can find information in this link.

SMA does not sell directly to end users. But you can get prices on google or from your preferred installer.

Sunny regards,
      Christian

• Annika Linke
        Annika Linke says:

Hi Sudhindra,
        Would you be so nice to write your comment in English otherwise we cannot help you.
        Thank you. Kind regards,
        Annika

2. Peter Browne says:

I installed SMA invertor 3 years ago. It stopped working 4 months ago and the technitions (from Top Notch Electrics) say they cannot get a replacement Invertor from you. Is this true and why? My electricity bills are now enormous !

3. Stefano Rothbarth says:

Hi, I had problems about activate my account on Sunny Portal. Received email registration, but when I follow this link to confirmation, doesn’t confirmation. Have some problem to registrate South Americans users?

4. David Massey says:

I had a PV system and SMA inverter (SB5.0-1AV-40) installed on 5 December 2017. It is operational, but I have not been able register the device in sunny portal – I just get an error message: ‘at present, no connection to the device is possible’
    I can connect to the inverter WiFi, so not sure why I cannot complete registration?

• Rhea Terlinden
      Rhea Terlinden says:

Hi David,
      can you please sign in on our Service Line to get help. The colleagues can log in on your system to see where the problem is.
      Best regards,
      Rhea

5. Ricardo E Bengoa says:

Plese help me to register my Sunnyboy SB 5000US. This unit is from 03/2012 But was instaled in mid 2017. I can’t find the PIC and RID on My inverter.
    Thanks a lot.

RICARDO

6. Ricardo E Bengoa says:

Iam ON GRID connect but I want to go also OFF GRID and there is no place in this inverter to
    connect batteries.

• Carolyn Schlosser
      Carolyn Schlosser says:

Hello Khanh,

Please contact your installer, he knows your system the best and will help you with the registrations of the device.

Sunny regrads,