Claiming your SolarCoins on Sunny Portal

[June 28, 2019 update: SolarCoin now also available for WebBox systems] Operators and owners of PV plants connected via Webconnect, Sunny Home Manager or Sunny WebBox to Sunny Portal can now get an additional reward for their produced clean energy. With only a few clicks you get access to SolarCoin, the first energy-referenced currency.

What is SolarCoin?

SolarCoin, a blockchain-based crypto currency, was developed with a view to accelerating the energy transition. Like the networks for other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, the SolarCoin network is global and decentralized. In this case, however, the payout of SolarCoins is linked to a meaningful, cost-effective and environmentally friendly incentive: the generation of solar power.

SolarCoin is an open community project that was initiated in 2014 by founders of the SolarCoin Foundation and a group of volunteers. The SolarCoin Foundation rewards solar power generation by issuing blockchain-based digital tokens. One SolarCoin (SLR) is issued for each megawatt hour (MWh) of verified solar power production.

The SolarCoin reward is an additional bonus to existing incentive programs and is independent of other feed-in tariffs in place for solar power producers. Anyone who generates solar power and, as a result, avoids generating CO2 emissions in the long run can earn SolarCoins.

How can SolarCoins be claimed through Sunny Portal?

Through Sunny Portal it’s incredibly easy to claim your SolarCoins because you don’t need to submit all the documentation typically required for registration to provide evidence of the PV system’s ownership status, technical data, power generation capacity and identity. If you have one or more PV systems with a system capacity of up to 150 kWp registered in Sunny Portal and want to claim SolarCoins, just log in to www.sunnyportal.com/en with your e-mail address and password. To register your PV system for the SolarCoin program, you need admin rights for your system. If you don’t have them yet, please ask your installer.
Once you are logged-in, open “PV system properties” in the “configuration” part of the menu on the left side of your screen. To ensure the Foundation can perform data matching, please provide your complete system data. In some countries, the field “Country code” is somewhat confusing. It must also be filled in, so please enter for example the state, your district, department or country. On the next screen go to the tab “Data releases” to the right:

On the “Data releases” page, click the “Edit” button to change the settings and then check the “Consent to participate in the SolarCoin program” box:

Agree to the terms and conditions displayed and don’t forget to click on the “Save” button afterwards:

Now, the SolarCoin tile will appear in your PV system overview. After the status on the tile shows “SolarCoinApproved”, it might still take some time until you receive your first SolarCoins as the SolarCoin Foundation will need time to complete transfer of the coins. After that, your credit balance will be updated at regular intervals (depending on the size of the system the interval can be several months). If you register your system via Sunny Portal, you don´t need to register the system separately with the SolarCoin Foundation or the SolarCoin Explorer. Duplicate registration will prevent you from participating in the SolarCoin program.
A digital SolarCoin “wallet” is no longer necessary to submit a claim. The SolarCoin Foundation will manage users’ SolarCoins until they decide to redeem them.

By the way: SolarCoins are awarded retroactively for up to five years from the date of registration. Since April 2019, the interval for crediting your SolarCoins has been shortened from every six month to monthly. Get the current SolarCoin price here.

How can SolarCoins be used?

SolarCoins can be traded for conventional (fiat) currency on all major exchange portals (Bittrex/Lykke, etc.). SolarCoins are an increasingly liquid valuable that can be paid out and tracked transparently. They are kept in digital wallets, can be managed on computers or mobile devices and can even be stored offline in paper form (paper wallet). The SolarCoin community is constantly evaluating use cases and business models for SolarCoin users.

If the project is successful and the demand for and price of SolarCoins rises, the digital incentive will increasingly represent an ever more significant share of a solar power producer’s revenues. Solar power can be sold or used as normal, with SolarCoin acting as an added bonus.

Solar industry companies are also encouraged to accept SolarCoins as a means of payment for their goods and services at the current exchange rate, which is listed on all well-known portals. At SMA, we are also exploring possibilities to make further use of SolarCoins, for example by providing additional services that can be paid for using SolarCoins.

Does the creation of SolarCoins use a lot of energy?

If users decide to use SolarCoins as a means of payment, they are making a conscious effort to prioritize environmental protection as the basis of their business activities. The SolarCoin blockchain uses an energy-efficient, proof-of-stake algorithm, which consumes 0.001% of the energy required by Bitcoin.

If you want to find out more about SolarCoin go to https://solarcoin.org/faqs/

1. Avatar
    Niko Miaoulis says:

Why don’t I have the option to participate in the SolarCoin initiative on the Sunny Portal?
    I don’t have the option in the Data Releases section.

Hi Niko,
      In which country is your PV plant installed? I´m asking, because there are a few countries in which the function is not available for regulatory reasons e.g. blocking of the country or embargo measures by the US government.
      Kind regards, Anke

Konstantinos Gkarakis says:

Hello, I suppose that Niko is from Greece and I have the same problem.

Shahzaib says:

Hi Anke,

Please share with us the names of the countries where the service is available.

• Maria Simone Aydin
        Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi Shahzaib,

you zhave to search the information on the page solarcoin.org, we are not responsible for it.
        Thanks.
        Maria

Mark Wilkinson says:

I have the same problem as Niko. I am in Australia, which surely is not subject to such embargos?

Mark Wilkinson

Gabor Bolla says:

Hi,
        I am from Hungary and I’ve got the similar issue: Cannot check that Icon on to participate this program.
        Please inform me about this.

Hi Gabor,
        Please check your role in Sunny Portal, you need admin/innstaller rights to fill out all relevant data. If you don´t have them, please ask your installer for it.

2. Avatar
    Esa Aarnio says:

I had at first trouble in “Consent” checkbox – reason: not all address fields were filled in PV System Data.

Hi Esa,
      The correct data is crucial for claiming SolarCoins. The foundation checks it based on satellite data.
      Kind regards, Anke

Richard Goldsmith says:

That is so cool.
        My installer had left out the house address information, so I had to complete it to allow the export to be checked. It took a while to work out what the problem was.
        It makes total sense now I know that.

Jax says:

Solved!
      How to make the checkbox active for “Consent to participate in the SolarCoin program”

Make sure address fields are completed in these TWO areas:

1.  Sign in to SunnyPortal with Administrator privileges

2. Navigate to: Configuration –> PV System Properties –> PV System Data (The default tab when opened)
      Fill in all fields for plant address
      Here is the URL: https://www.sunnyportal.com/Templates/PlantProperties.aspx

3. Navigate to: Configuration –> PV System Properties –> Operator/Installer
      Fill in all fields for owner and installer
      Here is the URL: https://www.sunnyportal.com/Templates/CarrierData.aspx

Return to Configuration –> PV System Properties –> Data Releases and you should now be able to check the box for “Consent to participate in the SolarCoin program:”

3. Avatar
    Michael Wybo says:

Hello which user rights is it needed to access these settings ?
    Have I to ask the installer to do this ?

Thanks

Hi Michael,
      You´re right, you need the installer rights to access the settings. The best way is to ask your installer to do it for you. Unfortunately, this is the only way, but we´ll keep you informed if it changes.
      Kind regards, Anke

4. Avatar
    Jan Ruijgrok says:

Hello,

I own an installation 4600 KWH with two SMA TL2100 – unfortunetly a bit too old, so I can’t use webconnect and Sunny Home or Portal.
    How can I claim SolarCoins?

• Maria Simone Aydin
      Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hello Jan,

you need to register via the Solarcoin website (solarcoin.org) OR wait until we have a solution. This is not bad, because retroactive to 2010 (if the system is not younger), the income will be considered.

Kinds regards,
      Maria

5. Avatar
    Mark says:

I cannot sign up for the solarcoin; “Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be saved. Fout (UnknownError)”
    This is the error i receive when i enter my wallet-id.
    The plant is registered in the Netherlands.
    Am i doing something wrong?

• Maria Simone Aydin
        Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi you both!

we need more additional information, so please describe the problem more closely.

Maria

Eradio Rodríguez says:

I have the same problem. This is the error I receive when i enter my wallet-id.
        The plant is registered in Spain

6. Avatar
    Alexander Eggermont says:

Hello,
    When I want to try to add my newly installed Sunny Tripower 4.0 I cannot register to the SolarCoin program. When checking the checkbox and confirming the terms of use and filling in the wallet ID, the error I get is the following: “Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be saved. Error (UnknownError)”
    Can someone please explain what can be the fault? Country of installation is Belgium

7. Avatar
    GIUSEPPE GIUSTI says:

I’m in Italy and my country is listed.
    I don’t have the option in the Data Releases section.
    The Privacy policy is the only one that I can select.

8. Avatar
    Peter Sogaard says:

Dear Reader. I have now activated a blockchain for SolarCoin but when filling in at SMA I just get the ansver “Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be activated. Error (UnknownError)”

Yours sincerely,

Peter Sogaard,
    Denmark

George Neofytou says:

Go to your Solar Coin wallet. Open the receive tab. Copy the address there. Paste it in the System Profile Configueration section (once opened – click on edit) paste your address there and save. Ignore if available as this will prevent you from moving forward. Save the address. Profile then is complete and you should be connected. See the UI on the SMA home page in your portal.

9. Avatar
    SUHAS SHAH says:

Is Solarcoin applicable for systems below 10KW? I am not able to claim it for systems that are 10Kw and above.

• Maria Simone Aydin
      Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi Suhas,

it is applicable for all systems connected to SunnyPortal with a maximum peak-Power of 150KW. It is necessary that the PV-Plant is connected using Webconnect (either inverter directly connected to the internet or using a Sunny HomeManager /SunnyHomeManager 2)

Maria

10. Avatar
    James says:

HI. I’m in Australia and I went to this page to register but under the ‘data releases’ tab I only have this option:

Agreement of data use via Sunny Places.

Nothing else… Why am I missing the other option?

• Maria Simone Aydin
      Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi James,

please check if you are plant administrator. It is absolutely necessary to be an administrator for the plant. “Users” are looked upon as “Viewers” and will not be able to change any settings.

Maria

James says:

Hi Maria.
        Yes confirmed I’m a Plant Administrator. I have 2 accounts and both are admins but no go…. Is there anything else I can check?

11. Avatar
    Evgeniy Tarasov says:

§1 SolarCoin represents 1 MWh of solar electricity generation
    1 SLR = 0.045$
    Great of course, but not tangible)

• Maria Simone Aydin
      Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi Evgeniy,

That is true – but have you seen what happened to Bitcoin 😉

Maria

12. Avatar
    peter sogaard says:

when trying either directly or using the token from SolarCoin i get the reply “Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be activated. Error (UnknownError)”

Peter Sogaard says:

I havent received any feed back neither at mail or here at this site. I also see other having excately the same problem not able to activate ??

HendrikC says:

Hi,

I got the same issue but I have found the solution. You need to make sure all fields are filled in in the tab “operator/installer” and also make sure that all fields from the tab “PV system data” are filled in correctly. In my installation, some fields where empty and that was the reason why I got this error. After filling in all fields correctly, I succeeded to enable the solar coin program with my wallet ID.

Best regards
        Hendrik

• Maria Simone Aydin
      Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi Peter,

We need a screenshot containing details on the error message and preferably the name of the plant in SunnyPortal.

Maria

Cornelis says:

Dear Maria,

How to submit a screenshot? Via email? What is the email address for us to use?

Awaiting your kind reply with directions.

Peter Sogaard says:

Hi Maria,

Thanks for you reply. To which mail address do i send the screenshots.

PV System is f37fc776-3280-45c7-bbcf-f9cb3d04ecbe

Best regards

Peter

Peter Sogaard says:

Dear Marie,

I never heard any more from SMA – I have also mailed SMA 3 week ago according to the mail address you suggested.

This is all a little peculiar – shall we waste more time on this or what to do

Yours sincerely

Peter Sogaard
        Denmark

13. Avatar
    Christophe Forget says:

Wallet-ID bad

Wallet-ID = indentifiant de l’installation ? (onglet “données de l’installation”)

• Maria Simone Aydin
      Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi Christophe,

Wallet-ID is the public key of a solarcoin crypto-wallet. If you are not sure yet you can leave it blank. The Solarcoin Foundation will keep you Coins until you provide a valid Wallet-ID.

Maria

• Maria Simone Aydin
      Maria Simone Aydin says:

Hi Cornelis,

I replied under your other comment: please describe what happened and what you did.

Thank yor.

Kind regards.

Maria

Cornelis says:

Steps:

1 – I added my public key in the text line
        2 – Accepted the conditions
        3 – Pressed SAVE
        4 – And next the error was displayed:
        “Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be activated. Error (UnknownError)”.

Please help! Maybe better to use email so I can give details (names etc) over the PV plant?

Cornelis says:

When using email I can also add screenshots Maria! And looking at the responses here on this website I am not the only one with the same problem?

Cornelis says:

Hi Maria,

My PV system identifier is

Please provide directions / solutions for the problem reported?

Cornelis says:

Hi Maria,

My PV system identifier is ec4fa10d-325b-4b6b-a5e2-680929ac7d4b

Please provide solution / directions to resolve the reported issue of not able to participate in SolarCoin due to error : Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be activated. Error (UnknownError).

Cornelis says:

Dear Maria et all at SMA,

Sent emails as requested, got no reply. Sent comments here, got no answers on why we cannot participate. When do we get an answer please with instructions to resolve the issues we encounter?

Cornelis says:

Still no directions received from SMA… Provided systemID, explained the steps I took, provided screenshots of the error displayed in Sunny Portal…

Dear SMA, we are a month later since I reported the issue…

A kind request: Could you please reach out to you customer and start providing help / instructions?

Cornelis says:

Okay. NO help to expect from SMA with regards to errors prompted in SunnyPortal. Not here on website, not on the by SMA themselves suggested email address. After weeks of waiting did not get a single reply. SMA: This lack of providing not any help simply ***SUCKS***!
        My suggestion: Go to the Solarcoin website and create account. Next create a paper or digital wallet. Fill in the data from your PV plant and your public wallet key onto the Solarcoin website account. Add photo of inverter label. Then in the first 12 days of each month the Solarcoins are added to your digital or paper wallet.

14. Avatar
    HendrikC says:

I have the same issue. After entering my wallet-id as described in this article, I receive the error:
    Can we please get support on this?

15. Avatar
    C. Niemeijer says:

Hi,
    I seem to have thhe as some other users when I try to participate.
    The message shown is “Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be saved. Fout (UnknownError)”
    I have my walletID filled in.

The PV-installation-ID is 77450d52-abbf-4ee9-9b80-2cff164eb82f

kind regards,

C. Niemeijer

Cornelis says:

No. Again weeks later still not a single response received from SMA support after reaching out to them…

Hi Cornelis,
        I´m really sorry for not being able to answer you earlier. Have you already checked the field “Country code”? It must also be filled in, so please enter for example the state, your district, department or country (also see blog post).
        Hope, this helps.
        Kind regards, Anke

16. Avatar
    Doug says:

I was able to sign up and I now see SolarCoin is approved though still with zero value. Will I be automatically credited retroactively to my Dec 2016 installation? The system has generated almost 15 MWh. Thanks.

Hi Doug,
      Don´t worry, it just takes some time, up to 72 h. You got it now? Thereafter there will be coins at regular 6-month intervals.

17. Avatar
    Peter says:

dear all;

I has taken 1½ month for SMA not to ansver and by reading the string i got a clue from another user which i tried and now it seems working;

Do as follows;

You need to make sure all fields are filled in in the tab “operator/installer” and also make sure that all fields from the tab “PV system data” are filled in correctly. In my installation, some fields where empty and it seems like beeing the reason why I got the error.

Now i am looking forward to see if i will earn any coins 🙂

Yours sincerely

Peter

18. Avatar
    Rob L says:

Hi, Any restrictions on which Sunny Portal plants (equipment models, or plant creation date, etc.) can ‘activate’ this SolarCoin feature? thx

19. Avatar
    Raimund says:

@All: one major issue when claiming solarcoins with sunny portal seems to be the “State” entry in the address field. Unfortunately this entry is required (I believe this is because it is necessary part of an address in the US). Please try to enter your “subregion” in this field (or retype the country).

Another issue is: Plant MUST be connected using either direct Webconnect connection or connection using SunnyHome Manager.

Then: User has to have at least installer rights to access the activation page (this should be fixed soon by SMA hopefully)

20. Avatar
    Philippe says:

@All: Peter and Raimund are right. In “operator/installer” you need to fill in every field, even State or Subregion. E.g. I filled in the province (for Belgium) “Oost-Vlaanderen” and “Vlaams-Brabant” (for the installer). Also in description I filled in something useless in the tab PV system data. I even filled in the fax-number for operator and installer (eventually same as the phone number). Then i was immediately accepted without error.

21. Avatar
    Albert says:

i’ve got few offgrid sites that are connected to one account at Sunny Portal,
    but, all the communication from battery inverters and grid inverters are using RS485 and connected to SMA Sunny WebBox. am i eligible to participate in SolarCoin?

Hallo Albert,
      Thanks for your request. Yes, you can also claim SolarCoin. Unfortunately, it is not possible to register WebBox systems via Sunny Portal; so you need to claim it at SolarCoin foundation.
      Hope you can enjoy your SolarCoin soon.

22. Avatar
    Marilyn says:

I was registered for solar coins but this portal does not recognize me. how do I transfer coins to this account so I dont have to spend hours letting blockchain update?

Hi Christos,
      You don´t have to pay, SolarCoin is free. It is an additional reward for solar energy producers.

23. Avatar
    Ana Fiallo says:

Hi, quick questions about how you file SolarCoin claims.

Do you generate a wallet for each claimant? And if so, is it a SolarCoin wallet or on a separate blockchain exchange platform? Or do you just generate a new wallet address for each of your clients, but still all within one wallet? Or do you collect all of the coins and distribute them accordingly to the claimants’ personal wallets?

Please explain, thank you.

Hi Ana,
      SMA does not create wallets on customers behalf. Instead there are two possibilities:
      _User creates a Solarcoin Wallet and provides the public wallet ID when registering plant for generation of Solarcoins. The Solarcoin Foundation will issue the coins to the customers wallet.
      _User does NOT create a Wallet and leaves the wallet ID empty when registering for Solarcoin generation. In this case the Solarcoin foundation will create so called “omnibus wallet”. Coins are issued to the omnibus account and all plant transactions will be traced there. Sunny Portal will anyway display the customers amount of coins. When the customer wants to access his coins he will need a personal Solarcoin wallet. He has to create it and provide the wallet ID at sunny portal (can be done anytime). The Solarcoin Foundation will then transfer the coins from that omnibus account to the personal wallet. This usually takes a few days to be completed.

24. Avatar

​​North Korea
    Russia
    ​​Somalia
    ​Sudan and Darfur
    ​South Sudan
    ​Syria
    ​​Ukraine (Russia related sanctions)
    ​Venezuela
    ​Yemen
    ​Zimbabwe
    Should you believe your facility or place of generation / ownership is exempt please submit a ticket at info@solarcoin.org stating the reason believed for the exemption.

25. Avatar
    Robert P says:

Hi i registered a wallet from the SolarCoin site before i saw that if i registered twice it would cancel from Sunny Portal.
    Is there some way to fix this?

26. Avatar
    Knud Thomsen says:

Hi
    In the data release field I can not tick the : Consent to participate in the SolarCoin program ??
    It says: In order to be able to participate in the SolarCoin program, please completely indicate the location of the system beforehand.
    I don’t see any where to fill in something, can you please tell me.

In advance thank you
    Knud Thomsen

Hi Knud,
      Please check your status: You have to log in with “installer” level to be able to edit data in Sunny Portal. Please ask your installer, he should give you access data.

Dániel Hideghéthy says:

Hi Anke,
        I have the same issue. I have the Plant Administrator role in Sunny Portal. Under user management I created another user with the Installer role. It is still not working. What else I need to do? And I simply don’t understand why I need to contact the installer with this.
        Best regards
        Daniel

Hi Dániel,
        You don´t need to contact your installer as you have admin rights. Then you can change or set anything yourself.
        Is your system capacity up to 150 kWp, registered in Sunny Portal and connected via Webconnect or a WebBox?
        What is your current status? Did the Foundation give any reason for the rejection or ask you for more information?
        Current reasons for a rejection could be, for example:
        – Countries that are not supported (OFAC restrictions)
        – Local legal or regulatory restrictions
        – Incomplete or insufficiently secured information to verify the claim
        – Missing authorizations
        – Multiple claims for the same plant site
        If none of the above applies, please contact the Foundation directly at support@solarcoin.org.

Dániel Hideghéthy says:

Hi Anke,

I din not try to register at solarcoin and so the foundation did not give a rejection. I tried to click the checkbox on sunnyportal as it is described in this article, and get the coins to the entere wallet. But my issue is that I can not check the checkbox, as it is grayed out and the following message is in read below it: “In order to be able to participate in the SolarCoin program, please completely indicate the location of the system beforehand.” My system capacity is 7.25 kWp.
        Best regards
        Daniel

Hi again,
        Have you checked the address field? You need to fill out the address information of the plant completely and correctly. The Foundation checks this against, with current satellite data. Or maybe the state is missing? This is difficult in some countries, but the Solarcoin Foundation requires an entry here. Try to enter the district or your country again.
        Please also make sure that all fields are filled in the tab “operator/installer”,also all fields from the tab “PV system data”.
        Hope it will work.

27. Avatar
    Jocelyn says:

Hello,
    I’m french and I have this message on the Data relaese for activate the SolarCoin program: ‘Pour pouvoir participer au programme SolarCoin, veuillez indiquer au préalable le site de l’installation.’
    But I don’t where do that.
    Thanks for your help.

Hi Jocelyn,
      That means you have to enter the plant location. If the plant is installed on your roof then fill in your address. Please note: You have to log in with “installer” level to be able to edit data in Sunny Portal. Please ask your installer, he should give you access data.

28. Avatar
    PIERMARIO says:

Per poter partecipare al programma SolarCoin, indicare l’ubicazione dell’impianto. cosa devo mettere?

Hi,
      Thank you for your request.
      I hope, it is ok to answer you in English: Please enter the address of the location of your solar plant here.

Giovanni says:

Hi Anke, could you specify in detail where the address of the location must be written? I have added it in the section Configuration/Operator Data and it is already written in the section PV system Data

Hi Giovanni,
        Do you have installer rights? You have to log in with “installer” level to be able to edit data in Sunny Portal. Please ask your installer, he should give you access data.

Hi Krysztof,
      You have to log in with “installer” level to be able to edit data within sunny portal. Please ask your installer, he should give you access data.

29. Avatar
    Jan says:

Hello,

I am having trouble checking the Data Release Consent checkbox, it somehow seems to indicate I have not completed full location data (message: In order to be able to participate in the SolarCoin program, please completely indicate the location of the system beforehand.) But I did, on the ‘PV System Data’ tab I have all address related fields set (except state which I can’t since its empty and we have no states in Belgium).

Please help.

Hi Jan,
      The solarcoin foundation requires the “state” field to be filled in. Enter your “region” here (preferred) or just repeat the country.
      Hope it works.

30. Avatar
    Keith Myers says:

So how long before the status changes to SolarCoinApproved from SolarCoinPending?
    Coming up on a week now since I enabled the data export.

Hi Keith,
      Sorry for the delay!
      It depends on the number of new applications. Usually the approval takes less than one week. The transfer of Solarcoins takes a bit longer and should happen within the first two weeks of each month.

31. Avatar
    John says:

In the article you say ‘By the way: SolarCoins are awarded retroactively for up to five years from the date of registration.’ How does one do this?

Hi John,
      It works automatically. You do not have to do anything, but enter your plant data correctly.

Hi Christopher,
      It depends on the number of new applications. Usually the Approval takes less than one week. The transfer of Solarcoins takes longer and should happen within the first two weeks of each month.

32. Avatar
    Gert C says:

trying to give the consent to participate. However the dialog in the “Data releases” tab indicates “In order to be able to participate in the SolarCoin program, please completely indicate the location of the system beforehand.” in red. I think I filled in everthing, address, geo coordinates…. Can it be indicated what is missing?

Hi Gert,
      Please check your status: You have to log in with “installer” level to be able to edit data in Sunny Portal. Please ask your installer, he should give you the access data.

33. Avatar
    Keith Myers says:

I have had SolarCoinApproved status for several days now in Sunny Portal. No coins have been generated for current or past generation so far. When should I expect my coins?

34. Avatar
    norman says:

i have a 1.5 and 2.0 set up but i cannot participate, im from the Philippines. the consent to participate is marked with a red X. How can I fix this? Thank you.

35. Avatar
    Orfanos Dimosthenis says:

Hi, I encounter some troubles in registering my P.V. System on the sunny portal. The error i get is the following (In order to participate in the solar coin program, please completely indicate the location of the system before hand). The location of my system is properly registered on the sunny portal. My P.V. system identifier code is 44829e4a-76f6-4e4c-8617-eeaa15e81fca.
    What is more, my system has been commissioned on December 2011, but I have linked it with the sunny portal approximately a year ago. How could I register the period the P.V. Plant was not linked with the sunny portal to the solar coin program?

Best Regards Dimos

Hi Orfanos,

Hi Susan,

36. Avatar
    John says:

Hi Anke,

maybe good to have a FAQ section in which you explicitely mention a coupple of examples what people should do. Example given, in the Netherlands we have to fill in the State option which is by default left open as we do not have states but only provinces. This was the reason that at first I was denied to progress with the SolarCoin data release option.

John

37. Avatar
    Dimosthenis Orfanos says:

Hi Anke

Thanks a lot for your help and swift response.
    I’m the installer of the system, I also got the admin access rights. The problem is that the error message I get does not provide any guidance on the root cause. Is there a way to have a better insight on the error I receive?

38. Avatar
    David Ashby says:

Recently switched to an SMA inverter after my old one stopped working. I understand I can add my previous production back to 2010 to the solarcoins how do I do that? Thanks

• Carolyn Schlosser
      Carolyn Schlosser says:

Hi David,

You can just add your pervious production retroactively for the past 5 years. Nevertheless please contact: support@solarcoin.org directly. They will help you to get you SeolarCoins. You will need the documents of your system and the description of your porblem.

Sunny regards,
      Carolyn

39. Avatar
    Victor says:

Why is 150 kWp the maximun capacity to ask for SolarCoin in Sunny Portal?

As long as I read, SolarCoin allows PV Systems up to 500 kWp or even more with an special registration process

40. Avatar
    Timo Virolainen says:

Hi!
    I accidentally pressed a button that said “Don’t show this message again” and the Solarcoin window disappeared. How do I make it appear again on the Sunny Portal?

41. Avatar
    Julio says:

Hi SMA,

I’m from the Philippines.
    I think the SolarCoin is not available as well in our country?
    Would you mind confirming it?

Regards,
    Julio

• Annika Linke
      Annika Linke says:

Hi Agris,
      please make sure that you have the installer rights to access the settings. If not, the best way is to ask your installer to do it for you.
      Thanks and regards, Annika

42. Avatar
    Chris Shaw says:

My ‘Edit button was (also) inactive but once my installer gave me Admin rights the button became active and now I am ‘ in’ the program.
    (Without Admin rights i couldn’t even connect my EEBus/HomeConnect devices – so it is definitely needed).

But it just keeps saying: “Status: SolarCoinPending” and there is no way to see anything more and on the SolarCoins website it just redirects you to this page if you are an SMA customer.

43. Avatar
    Anastasios says:

Hi one question i have lost my wallet account , when i try to change the wallet id i have an error
    ”Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be activated. Error (ValidationError)”
    is possible to change the wallet id in my account?
    Best Regards, Anastasios

44. Avatar
    Pasi Virtanen says:

I have been claiming my SolarCoin since last year directly from the foundation but beginning of the year I have registered my SMA plant with SolarCoin since February. Since then I have not received any? I can see the latest status owning 19.404 SLR. I reveived an automated e-mail (from address claims@solarlux.energy) where the final status was “rejected”.

Hi Pasi,
      It seems that you have registered your PV plant twice, so you may have been blocked by the Foundation. If so, please contact the SolarCoin Foundation directly via email support@solarcoin.org.

Pasi says:

Thanks, will try to reach them – been trying that already for 6 months but no reply.

45. Avatar
    Tiago Pires says:

Hi,
    Since 8 days I can see that my status is SolarCoinApproved. But still have 0,000000 SLR. I’m a producer since 2017, so I was expecting to retroactively receive the SLR, but is still 0. Do I need to do anything else?
    Thanks!
    Tiago

Hi Tiago,

46. Avatar
    Trevor says:

Hi there, I have two plants (on individual Sunny Islands and controllers) at the one address. I assume that the plant I register first will get the autogenerated solarcoin wallet. Can I use that wallet for the second plant? Or am i better to register for a solarcoin wallet separately and add it when I register both plants? I assume that this option will require me to ‘validate my plants’ – something I dont have to do with registration via sunny portal.

• Annika Linke
      Annika Linke says:

Hi Trevor,
      You can register his second attachment as well as the first one via the portal, this should work.
      Kind regards, Annika

Roman says:

Hi!

Hi Roman,
        Please go to: configuration > PV system properties > Data releases > consent to participate in the SolarCoin program (there you can edit).

47. Avatar
    Tasos says:

Hi in my installation 500kW (4965b32c-3bc0-4392-8f4b-5e52d9da7ac0 administartor acess ) i havent availability to participate in solarcoin programm , isnt possible?

Hi Tasos,
      Currently only PV systems up to 150 kWp can join the SolarCoin programm.

48. Avatar
    Bj says:

You said:
    “Usually, the credit is made in the first half of the following month after approval. At present, however, technical restrictions may cause delays. The SolarCoin Foundation is working on a solution.”

For me it has been 4 months since I sign on with the solarcoin program. I have been producing since 2013. From SunnyPortal I have no solarcoins in the Solarcoin block in the “PV System Overview” window. Are there still problems?

49. Avatar
    Luc De Caevel says:

Do I need to create a profile on “solarcoin.org” to get solar coins via Sunny Portal ?
    It’s not very clear for me.

• Carolyn Schlosser
      Carolyn Schlosser says:

Hi Luc,

I’m not sure if I got your question right.

To receive SolarCoins it is possible to do this quickly and easily via Sunny Portal, with SMA and the SolarCoin Foundation entering into a partnership to facilitate this.

By ticking a box, the PV system operator agrees to the legal terms and conditions and can receive So-larCoins following an automated check by the SolarCoin Foundation. This largely bypasses the need to submit all the documentation that would otherwise be required for registration to provide evidence of the PV system’s ownership status, technical data, power generation capacity and identity, in turn making the whole application process much simpler.

Sunny regards,
      Carolyn

50. Avatar
    Julian Alvarado says:

Hello, why is that only my systems connected to SunnyPortal with PiggyBack Card or WebBox connection can claim Solar Coin and the ones connected with Cluster Controller can’t?

Hi Julian,
      All systems registered in Sunny Portal in the classic version (except Sunny Portal powered by ennexOS) with an output up to 150 kW, can automatically participate in the SolarCoin program. Is your system larger than 150 kWp? Or is it registered in the Sunny Portal powered by ennexOS? If neither of these points applies, please send us details about your system by mailing to SocialMedia@SMA.de.

51. Avatar
    Marek says:

Hello, message from Poland,
    I am not able to press EDIT in data releases.
    I am not sure if my country is in my the program or not.
    According to the map that is on your website, it participates the program.

52. Avatar
    Richard Hewett says:

Good day. I am from South Africa. I installed 3 25 SMA inverters with 92 Kwp Solarpanels. I cannot check the box “Consent to participate in the SolarCoin program:” Are there any other way for me to register into the solar coin program?

• Carolyn Schlosser
      Carolyn Schlosser says:

Hi Richard,

You need the installer rights of the system, if you don’t have them please contact your installer.

Sunny regards,
      Carolyn

53. Avatar
    lindsay mollison says:

hello I have signed up via the sunny portal.. The filed for name of wallet is blank. Do I have to apply for one of these separately or does the system generate it for me? thanks Lindsau]y

• Carolyn Schlosser
      Carolyn Schlosser says:

Hi Lindsay,

here is the answer from SolarCoin:

How do I create my own wallet?
      There are several ways to create SolarCoin wallets. The two primary options:

The fastest and easiest way to manage and or claim SolarCoin is third-party Coinomi wallet, available for Android and iOS mobile devices. The Coinomi SolarCoin wallet requires minimal drive space and computing power. It very easy to use for receiving, spending and holding SolarCoin. The Coinomi wallet does not support staking and earning the targeted 2% annual SLR “interest”.
      The official SolarCoin QT full node desktop-based wallet is available for download from http://www.solarcoin.org. This wallet application is a full node that helps maintain the integrity of the SolarCoin network. It requires time and several gigabytes of drive space to sync the blockchain upon installation.
      Leaving the wallet open and active contributes to supporting the SolarCoin network using a method known as ‘staking’. Staking provides the wallet owner with a targeted 2% annual return in SLR. Staking requires a small portion of CPU capacity.
      Regardless of wallet choice, safeguarding the wallet’s private keys and submitting the receiving public address accurately for claims and bounties are the sole responsibility of the user.

The SCF is not responsible for lost SLR due to lost passphrases, compromised wallets, software failures, or incorrectly entered receiving addresses. The SCF is unable to recover any SLR once they have been sent. The SCF can not recover forgotten or lost passphrases. The SCF cannot recover stolen SolarCoin or claims mis-appropriated.

Sunny regards,
      Carolyn

54. Avatar
    Rene says:

I think this Solarcoin program is not active anymore?
    In my SMA portal the status says “SolarCoinPending” for weeks now.
    Tried contacting support@solarcoin.org, then an automatic ticket is created but nobody ever responded to that ticket.

• Carolyn Schlosser
      Carolyn Schlosser says:

Hi Rene,

the SolarCoin program is still active. SolarCoin is working on the solution of the problem.

Sunny regards,
      Carolyn

55. Avatar
    Kevin says:

Hi, My system as been approved for over 4 months now and It still does not show my bitcoins.
    What should I do?

Romuald van Velde says:

Hi Carolyn (and Kevin)

Same issue here so I tried to contact solarcoin support as you advised, but there is no response from solarcoin on e-mail or support ticket.

Maybe SMA could look into this, it seems very few people in this thread get an answer when mailing support@solarcoin.org ?

56. Avatar
    SolarisPons says:

Hi,
    I have to change wallet ID on Sunny Portal for SolarCoin program
    Error description “Participation in the SolarCoin program could not be activated. Error (ValidationError)”
    What is the procedure if i have to change my wallet ID

57. Avatar
    Terry Marsters says:

My Status is Solar Coin approved which was achieved in November 2019 but I still have not been credited any solarcoin. Should I be expecting them soon or will it still take a few months?

58. Avatar
    Martin says:

Hi
    When I try to enter the SolarCoin program I can not enter my wallet ID because of this:

And I have entered the location years ago.

59. Avatar
    Stephen Dieringer says:

I have PV System Identifier: aa4a5580-64d8-11de-e2fa-000163c90883. Installer data is blank. Installed in 2009 – 2010. I am unable to edit for admin rights. I believe installer is now gone. Any other way to allow Consent to participate in the SolarCoin program:?

60. Avatar
    Marc says:

Every time I have tried sma I have had no luck. I am in the states so does that mean there is nothing I can do?

61. Avatar
    Fernando Ontiveros says:

Hello,
    I live in the US and we do not have the admin rights to our SMA. Our installer “Brevard Solar” has gone bankrupt and they are no longer communicating with us. How do we get admin right to be able to sign up for the solar coin program?

62. Avatar
    John says:

Hi, I signed up my solar system last year. It initially credited me the days usage but I have not been credited since. Also how do I apply for retroactivity?

63. Avatar
    ZoeLan says:

May I ask why the sunny portal of my company still showed up that I have to apply one wallet on my own in order to store the SolarCoin?
    How can I prepare the relevant documents?

64. Avatar
    Johan Lundström says:

My status on Sunny Portal have been changed to SolarCoinApproved since mid December 2019 and still there hasn’t been an update of the SolarCoin balance, I still have 0 solarcoins while produced > 2000 kWh of solarenergy. Is it just a late update or could it be something else that is wrong?

65. Avatar
    Ralf says:

Hi everyone @SMA
    I have enjoyed reading your article: “Claiming your SolarCoins on Sunny Portal by Susanne Henkel, 27. Mar. 2019
    The author leaves out one very important piece and I hope someone will/can fill in the gap.
    The topic of: “How can SolarCoins be used?“ is never really answered and the statement: “…SolarCoins can be traded for conventional (fiat) currency on all major exchange portals…” leaves the reader wondering just how you actually go about cashing in on your SolarCoins.
    Can someone shed light on this so a layman can convert his SC to cash?
    Thanks

66. Avatar
    Mark Loney says:

Good evening
    I registered my PV system for SolarCoin six months ago and received an initial credit but no further credits.
    What do I need to do for further credits to be deposited to my wallet? My Sunny Portal settings seem to be correct.

67. Avatar
    Erik says:

Hello,
    My coin status is over 6 months approved, but still no coins showing on the sunnyportal. Also, emails are not replied ?

68. Avatar
    Erik says:

Why are my soarcoins not showing on SunnyPortal. I got an approved status on the sunnyportal, but no coins will show.
    My ID is : ab003519-a962-420e-a650-1fd2610f8292
    Hope i will get some respons from you. Mails are not being answerd, only that a ticket is created, but then it stays quiet.

69. Avatar
    Erik says:

10 days later, no reaction ?? When can i expect some answers and a sloution for my problem. I’m not getting coins on my sunnyportal. Got an approved status. Rest of the information is shown above (7 april 14:56)

70. Avatar
    Thomas Göbel says:

Hi,

I want to add my Solarcoin address in the Sunny Portal and get the following error: ‘Die Teilnahme am SolarCoin Programm konnte nicht aktiviert werden. Fehler (ValidationError)’ My system Id is: ‘4a22aefd-f6dd-4ef7-a2fa-1f3371165b26’. Who can help?

Thanks
    Thomas

71. Avatar
    Stratis Telloglou says:

Consent to participate in the SolarCoin program: You hereby allow your PV system to participate in the SolarCoin program. Yield data are transmitted to solarcoin.org and, if available, credited to the following wallet:
    (Please enter your existing wallet ID here, if available.)
    In order to be able to participate in the SolarCoin program, please indicate the operator data of the system beforehand.
    I am in Greece and my plant is 100 KW

72. Avatar
    Erik says:

Anyone available at solarcoin? still not getting answers. No answers on mail either. Almost 2 weeks now. Worst support ever.

Erik